How universe is infinite with to and fro motion (scorching heat-cloudy) of the season.
I am welcoming this rainy season with my hands floating wide open in the air, gazing at the sky with eyes closed.
” Rain Rain!! Come, come and spread joy and free spirit, fill the hearts of onlookers with joyous music, the little paper boats start to float down the street, till they drown into the swallowing stream. ”
Monsoon is a refreshing time, as rain brings welcome respite from the grueling heat. However staying healthy requires particular care to be taken. Monsoon tends to make our skin sticky, moist and dull due to excess moisture in the air. This leads to collection of dirt, pollution and results in skin problems. So here I am with skin care tips for rainy season.
- Don’t use soap in rainy season. Soaps make our skin drier. Use Fruit Face Wash, it removes extra oil from your face and make it healthier and shiny.
- When you are done with face wash, use toner. Toner closes the open pores and removes extra oil present in the face. You can use Rosewater or Armenian cucumber water too.
- Do scrubbing once or twice a week. Scrubbing eliminates dead skin, dirt and pollution.
- Take almond powder. Add milk/curd and use it as a scrub. It’s a great scrub for rainy season.
- Take white portion of egg. Add 1 spoon of Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) powder and curd. Apply it and leave it for 10-15 mins.
- Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water to release toxins from your body.
In case you are lazy and you want to stay at home because of gloomy weather. I have some amazing DIYs for you:
1. Oatmeal Scrub/ Mask
Oatmeal+ Honey+ Almond Oil/ Olive Oil (If you have oily skin you can skip olive oil.)
Take 1 tbsp of Oatmeal, ½ tbsp of Honey, ½ tbsp of oil. Apply this mask on your face in circular motion. It increases blood flow and get all the dirt out from your skin. After rubbing this all over your skin it gonna act as scrub and removes all dirt from your pores. Leave it for good 10-15 mins and rinse it off with cold water.
Oatmeal has skin soothing property, gonna make your skin very soft and Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which lightens skin and reduces pimples. Oil act as moisturizer along with Honey, if you have dry and combination skin.
2. Banana mask
If you have dull and dry skin this mask is saviour for you.
Take ½ Banana, ½ tbsp Honey and ½ Lemon. Mix it and mash into nice paste. Apply it all over the face, you can massage it too. Leave it for 15 mins and rinse it off with cold water.
Lemon has Vit.C which brightens your skin cells. Banana and Honey contains anti-oxidant properties that makes your skin glowy.
3. Yogurt mask- for tighter pores and firmer skin
Take 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera and Yogurt, mix it well. Apply it on your face forming a thin layer. Leave it for good 15 mins. Wash it with cold water/ lukewarm water.
Lactic acid present in Yogurt helps in deep cleansing of pores and get rid off all the dirt. Aloe Vera soothes the skin.
- Use Rose Water. It is natural toner, which you can use on regular basis, whenever your skin is feeling greasy throughout the day. Your skin will become refresh and it will make your skin less oily.
- Use Rose Water after every facemask so it gonna helps shut your pores and lock all the nutrients and the goodness that you have given to your skin.
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in rain. Have you tried?
We are here with a raintrain blog to share our rainy memories, tips and recipes, rainy day diys, skin care, hair care etc…
So come and experience with us the joy of sharing Raintrainblog hosted by @foramkmody. Drizzle your love and shower your comments. Stay tuned our train is running super fast and loaded. Watch out our stories on Instagram and see who is on passenger seat.